Britannica Online and ebooks
These are great resources for factual information. They can be searched in the catalogue like this:
1. Start at your student portal and click the Oliver library link.
2. Put in your search term and drop down the menu to federated search (not basic search).
3. Scroll down and you will find results listed from My Library and Britannica. Follow the Britannica link and enter the password lakes (twice) for username and password. Hey Presto!
Ebooks also use the password lakes.
About the library
Great Lakes College Tuncurry Library aims to support students in a collaborative and intellectually stimulating physical and online environment.
This library site can provide research assistance and library service beyond the walls of the physical library and beyond school hours. Access it from home or from school anytime for help with research projects.
Students are encouraged to
· become independent learners,
· become confident in using information technology,
· develop skills in information literacy,
· and share and collaborate using web 2.0 tools.
Learn how to get School Wi-fi connection here.
Go to your STUDENT PORTAL here.
Go to GOOGLE homepage here.
Go to GOOGLE ADVANCED SEARCH here.
Go to the LIBRARY CATALOGUE and VTV here.
Go to E-QUALITY MOODLE site here.
The library is open late on Tuesdays until 5pm and the Teacher Librarian is available for help with student research or study needs.
This site has been created by Carla Gillis, Teacher Librarian at Great Lakes College Senior Campus, NSW, Australia.